Importance of Digital Dental X-Rays
Digital x-rays are almost replaced 80 percent of the conventional x-rays used in dental office. Advantages of digital dental x-rays are:
- No use of developer and fixer.
- No use for scheduled x-ray developing box.
- More importantly the radiation dosage used is 1/4th the usage of conventional x-rays making it safer.
Technical advantage of digital dental x-rays are:
- Enhanced clarity
- Zooming in and zooming out of the image
- Measurement scales to access and measure roots of tooth for RCT
- Old x-rays evaluated with good clarity in follow ups
- Iopa are available as RVG (Radio visual graphy)
- Phosphorglates in which digital film is used for evaluation.
Even extra oral x-rays like OPG, Lateral cephalogram, CBCT are intimated in digital format for evaluation as and when required. So the digital dentistry has taken over a huge participation in a good clinician’s life to make dentistry much easier and to perform with more passion.